Registration is now available for our 2021-2022 season.
Book your performance today!
Outreach into the Community
Kohl’s Wild Theater provides free conservation-themed theater performances to schools, libraries, festivals, community events, and more! Our performers inspire audiences of all ages to learn and care more about our natural world using drama, songs and puppetry.
In-Person Show Requirements
Please review the following requirements for hosting an in-person performance at your school, library, festival or community gathering. Any exception requests or special needs must be discussed with our registration team prior to requesting a performance.
- A flat (covered if outdoors) performance space of at least 20 x 20 feet (not including audience seating.) We cannot perform on dirt, sand or grass.
- Ceiling height clearance of at least 9 feet to accommodate the height of our sets.
- Access to a working electrical outlet.
- An hour before and after the performance with no children in the room for safety purposes to allow for set-up and take-down.
- At least 100 students for school performances. More than 300 students would require 2 performances (see FAQ). An all-student assembly is suggested for schools with fewer than 100 students.
- An audience of at least 50 for library, festival or care facility performances.
- Venue must be within a 60-mile radius of the Milwaukee County Zoo.
- A safe pathway for loading equipment into and out of the performance space.
- Access to off-street parking next to the building for load-in.
- A performance area should be on the first floor or accessible by elevator. If flights of stairs are required for load-in, then certain shows cannot be guaranteed.
Questions? Review our frequently asked questions (FAQ) for more details.
Virtual Show Requirements
Select livestream and recorded virtual shows are available to all venues. All your venues coordinator needs to do is organize the date and time of the performance and then distribute the stream link for the show to their audience. Performances can be streamed from a single computer at your venue, from multiple home computers or a combination of both.
Check out descriptions of our current season shows below, and click here to request a show! If you have any questions about Kohl’s Wild Theater or would like additional information about upcoming shows, email us at KWT@zoosociety.org or call us at 414-258-5058, ext. 404.
Leona Lionheart Saves the World
Performance Series for June 2021-May 2022
Click on the links below to view show descriptions.
- The Legend of the Trash Monster and Other Silly Scary Stories
(June 19-December 22, 2021 – virtual only)
- Monkeys in the Middle (October 4, 2021-January 27, 2022)
- Welcome to the Zoo! (January 31-May 20, 2022)
- All Feelings Great and Small (February 28-May 20, 2022)
Performances are booked on a first-come, first-served basis.